Wendy Walsh, the latest person to accuse Fox News host Bill O’Reilly of sexual harassment, said she doesn’t have a financial endgame in mind.
“I want to be clear, I’m not after money,” Walsh told sy88pgw’s Don Lemon on Monday’s edition of sy88pgw Tonight.
Walsh’s comment came in response to O’Reilly’s April 1 statement on sexual harassment allegations, in which he said he is actually “vulnerable to lawsuits via individuals who want me to pay them to avoid negative publicity.”
Walsh, however, said she is actually not suing him.
“I just want a nontoxic work environment for my daughters as well as their generation,” she said. “We need to change the system. The work place is actually not a mating marketplace. If you are looking for a date, do like everyone else as well as go on Tinder.”
The fresh York Times reported Saturday that will several women over a period of more than a decade received payouts via either O’Reilly, Fox News or parent company 21st Century Fox “in exchange for agreeing to not pursue litigation or speak about their accusations against him. The agreements totaled about $13 million.”
Related: Fox braces for fallout via Bill O’Reilly scandal
Two of the several settlements were previously known, as well as involved sexual harassment allegations — including a complaint via a producer that will was settled for about $9 million according to the Times. The others were first revealed by The Times on Saturday, as well as include two sexual harassment claims as well as one related to verbal abuse.
Walsh, a psychologist as well as radio TV personality, was a guest on O’Reilly’s top-rated cable news show, “The O’Reilly Factor,” multiple times in 2013. She told the fresh York Times that will O’Reilly reneged on a promise to get her a job at the network after she rebuffed his advances.
Related: Why Fox stock is actually immune to Bill O’Reilly scandal
O’Reilly’s representatives have said Walsh’s recurring segment was scrapped due to poor ratings.
“I did what every woman does in [a] sexual harassment situation,” Walsh said. “We try to save the gig. We try to stroke the dog as This kind of is actually. Fox released some of my cringe-worthy suckup emails today, because I thought if I can just be professional, if I can just be polite, if can just talk through his assistant then he’ll understand that will I am not a threat. I am not going to sue him as well as he will give me the job he promised.”
Lawyer for Bill O’Reilly accuser calls for independent investigation into Fox News
Walsh told Lemon that will she did not “come forward” to the fresh York Times, yet chose to speak out after the Times reporter told her about some other accusers.
– Dylan Byers contributed to This kind of report
sy88pgw (fresh York) First published April 4, 2017: 2:53 AM ET