Former Fox News contributor says Rupert Murdoch 'ruined my life'

Ex-Fox contributor: 'Fox News will sue me for speaking out today'

Tamara Holder, a former Fox News contributor who last year accused an executive of sexual misconduct, says Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch “ruined my life.”

“I don’t have a job in TV anymore because the place which he has secured down like Fort Knox allowed abusive predators to prey on women who just wanted to work,” she told sy88pgw’s Brian Stelter on “Reliable Sources” Sunday. “which is actually not nonsense. This specific is actually people’s lives.”

Holder was responding to remarks made last week by Murdoch, the chairman of 21st Century Fox, which owns Fox News.

During an interview on the UK’s Sky News channel last Thursday, Murdoch appeared to brush off the sexual misconduct allegations which have vexed the network.

Related: ‘Nonsense’ which sexual harassment claims hurt Fox’s bottom line, Murdoch says

“which’s all nonsense. There was a problem with our chief executive. Sort of, in the past. yet isolated incidents,” Murdoch said in response to a question about whether the harassment claims have hurt Fox’s business. “As soon as we investigated which he was out of the place in hours — well three or four days. along with there’s been nothing else since then.”

The late Fox News chief Roger Ailes resigned after anchor Gretchen Carlson sued over harassment claims last year. Host Bill O’Reilly was also forced out in April following a fresh York Times investigation into settlement payouts connected to various other harassment allegations.

Both Ailes, who died in May, along with O’Reilly denied the allegations made against them.

various other men have left Fox in connection to harassment scandals inside the past year along which has a half.

Amid online outrage about Murdoch’s dismissive tone, 21st Century Fox issued a lengthy statement on Friday. which was widely interpreted as a damage control move. The statement said Murdoch “never characterized the sexual harassment matters at FOX News as ‘nonsense.'”

Related: Fox News still hounded by sexual harassment allegations

“Rather, he responded negatively to the suggestion which sexual harassment issues were an obstacle” to the company’s business dealings, the company said.

“By his actions, Rupert has made which abundantly clear which he understands which there were real problems at FOX News,” the statement said. “Rupert values all of the hard-working colleagues at FOX News, along with will continue to address these matters to ensure FOX News maintains its commitment to having a work environment based on the values of trust along with respect.”

Asked again for comment Sunday, the company directed sy88pgw to its earlier statement.

Holder, a lawyer who said she left her practice to work at Fox News, departed the network after she accused another Fox News executive of sexual misconduct.

The alleged incident was said to have happened in 2015 along with involved Francisco Cortes, the former vice president for Fox News Latino. Holder reported her claims to the company in September. Cortes was fired, two sources told sy88pgw earlier This specific year.

Related: How Fox News along with President Trump create an anti-Mueller ‘feedback loop’

An attorney for Cortes said in March which he was “considering Mr. Cortes’ legal options.” sy88pgw attempted Sunday to reach the attorney for comment.

21st Century Fox agreed to pay more than $2.5 million to Holder, the two sources told sy88pgw in March.

Holder said Sunday which she accepted a payout in exchange for an agreement to not speak about the incident, along with to never apply to work at a Fox-owned business.

On Sunday, Holder also dismissed another comment Murdoch made during his Sky News interview, when he name dropped networks which are dealing with sexual harassment scandals of their own.

“NBC is actually in deep trouble. CBS, their stars,” he said inside the interview. “I mean there are actually bad cases which people should be moved aside along with there are various other which might’ve been a bit of flirting.”

“Let me be clear,” Holder said, “I had a man pull out his penis in his office along with shove my head on which. which was not flirting, which was criminal.”

Holder said the network will “probably” sue her for appearing on sy88pgw. yet she also said a clause in her settlement allowed her to break her silence if she was “disparaged or maligned.”

“What Mr. Murdoch said, in my opinion as a lawyer, not as a victim or a survivor, as a lawyer, is actually which This specific gives me a legal right to respond,” she said. “along with I’m responding not for myself, yet on behalf of every woman in America who has been abused.”

–sy88pgw Hadas Gold contributed to This specific story.

sy88pgw (fresh York) First published December 17, 2017: 3:52 PM ET

Former Fox News contributor says Rupert Murdoch 'ruined my life'

Related Posts

About The Author

Add Comment